Better Rate Movers has an established claim process in place. In the unlikely event you need to file a claim for transit related loss / damage or service you must provide Better Rate Movers with the opportunity to investigate and respond to a formal claim before carrier can consider compensation.
Claim forms may be obtained on line at www.mymoveclaim.com or by contacting Anthem Claim Management (877-476-5983).The following information is required to process a claim:
- Completed Claim Form and Worksheet .If necessary include a letter describing your claim in more detail.
- A copy of the Uniform Household Goods Bill of Lading (contract). If available, please supply the copy signed at delivery.
- A copy of your Household Goods Descriptive Inventory. If available, please supply the copy signed at delivery. Inventory may not have been taken if your move was a local (intrastate) move.
- Pictures of damaged items. Pictures should convey the extent of damage as well as its location on the item. . Provide a distance shot of entire item with damage visible. If necessary provide a close up showing extent and nature of damage. For chips and scratches please include an indicator of relative size such as a coin. Pictures must identify what is depicted. Unidentified pictures may delay processing of your claim. If you are submitting photographs please document your name and the item depicted on the back.If you obtained Full Value Replacement coverage from the mover, you must also provide the following:
- The value you are seeking to recover for each item claimed.
- Purchase receipts for claimed items
- Appliances and electronics provide: Manufacturer, model number and year purchased
- You may be asked to provide Repair Estimates for some or all items claimed. If you have already obtained repair estimates please submit those with your response. Repair Estimates must be limited to transit related damage claimed, describe the intended repair and the cost for each item claimed.
Mail completed claim packets to:
Anthem Claim Management, LLC
40937 North Courage Trail
Anthem, AZ 85086
A transit related damage/loss claim must be filed in writing and received within 9 months of the date a shipment was delivered. For Local (intrastate) moves, consult your bill of lading or contact your carrier. Anthem Claim Management will acknowledge receipt of a claim within 30 days via email or post. Federal law allows a carrier up to 120 days to respond to a claim with a written offer of settlement or a denial of claim. For more information visit www.mymoveclaim.com or call Anthem Claim Management LLC at 877-476-5983
Once the claim process is completed and the carrier has had an opportunity to resolve a claim directly with the customers, customers may chose to have their case reviewed in arbitration through a carrier’s Dispute Resolution & Arbitration Program. Customers must complete the claims process and provide the carrier with an opportunity to resolve a claim directly before proceeding to arbitration.
You may request arbitration by contacting the United States Movers Association or by mailing a request for arbitration to: 7558 West Thunderbird Rd Ste 1-614 ● Peoria, AZ 85381. Tel: (623) 237-3255
Summary of arbitration program: We participate in a neutral arbitration program designed to give neither the carrier nor the shipper any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper Arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. A. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for their own costs associated with arbitration. A benefit to the arbitration alternative may be that it is less expensive than traditional litigation. Specific rates depend on the amount of your claim and the arbitration provider. B. Legal effects: If the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator may be binding. An arbitration decision may not be appealed in a court of law.